Thursday, March 21, 2013

Professional Learning

So, some of us spent Tuesday and Wednesday with Joellen Killion in a professional learning piece about...professional learning.  More specifically, it was about evaluating professional learning, and I really feel a lot better about working on SIPs with the high school SSTs now, especially due to my work with part of the CHS SST over the two days.  In a larger sense, I feel like my eyes have been opened to a whole new way of looking at PL as strategic planning.  I am excited to continue working on this piece.

Today, I am back at the KISD with 3 high school teachers (one from each of our high schools) in a professional learning piece entitled "Common Core: Leading the Change."  I attended a similar piece by the presenter back in February at MSTC, so I am learning and coaching again today.  A nice feeling.

JWalton

No comments:

Post a Comment